How to navigate Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems automatically.
Note: In order to complete this task you must first know how to dial a number. If you do not know how to dial a number please use the link provided here to learn more.
To create an IVR traversal for a realtime call, do the following:
Navigate to the Voice Assure Realtime
module and follow the steps as
illustrated below (Voice Assure Realtime is located here in the left navigation menu on
- Complete the usual steps for dialling a number (add the Route, Country, Toll Type, Provider and Number to the softphone).
- Click the blue Add IVR button to bring up the IVR Traversal dialog box.
Follow the steps as illustrated below to complete your IVR creation.
Choose Command: Choose the Wait or Send DTMFs IVR
command from the drop-down menu;
- Wait: This command is for entering the wait time in seconds that should be allowed before or after any DTMF tones are sent.
- Send DTMFs: This command is for entering the DTMF tones you wish to send before or after any Wait times (for example; 2572678).
- Command Value: Input a value for your chosen command (for example; Wait = 15 or Send DTMFs = 2572678.
Add Command: Click the Add button to add
the command you have created.
Result: The IVR command you have just created will populate the IVR preview window underneath. Repeat steps a, b, and c until the IVR traversal is complete.
- Edit Preview: If the IVR preview is not correct you can use the Clear last line button or the Clear all text button to make changes.
- Add IVR: When you are happy with your IVR Traversal click the Add IVR button to return back to the realtime softphone.
- Choose Command: Choose the Wait or Send DTMFs IVR command from the drop-down menu;
- Press the Call button to begin dialing the number using the IVR Traversal you have created.
- Your task is now complete.
- a) dialed a country that restricts audio streaming, your call recording will be available for download after the call has been completed.
- b) dialed any other country, you will be connected to the call in realtime after the last automated IVR command has been entered.