Connect your SIP trunks to any of Spearline's global in-country servers to begin testing your outbound SIP trunks for audio quality.
To add a new SIP Trunk, do the following:
- Navigate to the Numbers module of the platform (this can be found here in the left hand navigation menu).
- Select the SIP Trunk tab (this is nested in the tabs which can be located along the top of the page).
- Click the Add Sip Trunk button (located center left of the screen).
In the Add SIP Trunk dialog box, fill out the required fields listed
- Trunk Name: (Mandatory) Enter the name of your SIP Trunk here.
Origination Country: (Mandatory) Use the drop-down menu
to select the origination country.
Note: IP must be white-listed on your firewall to enable testing.
- Copy IP: Click here if you would like to copy the selected origination country IP to your clipboard. This will need to be white-listed on your network.
- Termination Gateway: If Authorization is selected it will add another level of security which requires a Username and Password to be added.
- Transport: Select the Transport type from the drop-down menu.
- Termination IP Address: (Mandatory) Insert your Termination IP Address here.
- Port: (Mandatory) Enter the Port number to be used for the SIP trunk.
- SIP Domain: In most cases this is not needed. This will ONLY be used for SIP Trunks where a domain is required for SIP calling.
- Username: This is only needed if the termination gateway is set to Authorization.
- Password: This is only needed if the termination gateway is set to Authorization.
- DTMF Mode: Choose how you would like to handle DTMF with your SIP trunk.
- Codec Selection: Choose the appropriate codec to be used.
- Dialing Format: Choose the dialing format to be used.
After Save: The after save menu gives you two options to choose
- Add a new SIP Trunk: This will simply dismiss the dialog box and add the newly created Trunk to the list.
- Edit this SIP Trunk: This will add the newly created trunk while keeping the current dialog box open to make any further edits.
- Add: Click the Add button to complete your task.
- Your task is now complete.