How to add a number for IVR mapping.
Note: To complete this task you will need to have at least one IVR Map Time Group created within the Numbers module. If you have already completed this step you may continue to add your number for IVR mapping. If not, you will need to create a number timegroup before you continue.
To add a number for IVR mapping to the platform, do the following:
- Navigate to the Numbers module of the platform (this can be found here in the left hand navigation menu).
Choose the Number Type (Application Type) from the drop-down menu
located top left of the page in the filters section (this should be set to
Note: Please wait a few moments while the page reloads.
Click the Add Number button (this can be found top right of the screen).
In the dialog box that appears you will need only to enter the Required
fields stated below. If you wish to add the Optional Metadata you may do
so but it is not needed for IVR campaigns to complete successfully.
- Number Type: Confirm that the correct number type (IVR) has been selected for the number.
- Number*: Enter the number to be mapped.
- Country: Select the geographical location of the number.
- Toll Status: Indicate the toll type of number that is being entered. For example; Toll Free, Shared Cost, Premium etc…
IVR Description: Give the IVR number a brief description.
Note: This is a mandatory step. You will not be able to save the number without it.
- Timezone: Choosing a timezone local to your location is best if you wish to schedule testing in your own timezone.
- Number Time Group: Select the Timegroup for the IVR number from the drop-down menu.
- Minimum Duration: Set the minimum duration of call to be expected after each option.
- Silence Threshold: Set the maximum duration of silence that can be expected at any point on the call.
- Silence Timeout: Set the number of seconds to wait for a timeout before moving on to the next point of the IVR when no silence has been detected (for example; music on the line).
Agent: This must be set to English Prompt.
Note: If this option is not available please contact email@example.com to have it added.
After Save: The After Save menu gives you two options to
- Add a new number: This will simply dismiss the dialog box and add the new number to the system.
- Edit this number: This will add the new number information while keeping the dialog box open to make further edits.
- Add: Click the Add button.
- Your task is now complete.