Carrier details are used in tandem with your SIP Trunk connections to identify which carrier are being used when test calls are being placed.
To add carrier details, do the following:
- Navigate to the Numbers module of the platform (this can be found here in the left hand navigation menu).
- Select the SIP Trunk tab (this is nested in the tabs which can be located along the top of the page).
- Click the Add Carrier Detail button which will bring up the Add Trunk Prefix dialog box (the button is located to the right of the screen).
Fill in the required details which are briefly explained below.
- Carrier Name: This is a mandatory field. The carrier name is used to identify the carrier through which you will run tests.
Carrier Prefix: This prefix will identify this specific carrier
to Spearline when placing test calls and is typically placed between the
country code and the dialing number when calling; Example - USA 001
9996667 800 23456.
Note: Carrier prefixes are typically implemented when a company is using two or more carriers to handle their outbound traffic. When prefixes are in place users can specify one or more carriers to be used when creating campaigns on the Voice Assure platform. These prefixes are then used to automatically route calls through the specified carrier routes.
Carrier CLI: This is a mandatory field. Whatever number is input
here will show up as the caller line identity on any calls made using
Note: This is the caller line identity that is received by Spearline when accepting incoming calls from the carrier. This is defaulted to the word ‘Spearline’ which means that a Spearline CLI will be used.
After Save: The after save menu gives you two options to choose
- Add a new Trunk Prefix: This will simply dismiss the dialog box and add the newly created trunk prefix to the list.
- Edit this Trunk Prefix: This will add the newly created trunk while keeping the current dialog box open to make any further edits.
- Add: Click the Add button.
- Your task is now complete.