How to edit a timegroup (time constraints).
Note: Warning! Editing a timegroup will affect the scheduling for ALL campaigns that are using the timegroup. When editing a timegroup you will be alerted to which campaigns will be affected by your changes in a window at the bottom of the dialog box (Step 4-f).
To edit a timegroup, do the following:
Navigate to the Actions column within the Time groups
- Navigate to the Timegroups module here (this is nested in a tab which can be located along the top of the page under the Campaigns module).
- Use the search bar and filters provided to find the timegroup you wish to edit.
- Click the Edit Icon in the Actions column on the right hand side of the table.
In the Edit Timegroup dialog box, change your timegroup as
- Name: Give your timegroup a name. This will appear in the timegroups overview and in all drop-down menus where you will select timegroups or time constraints.
Interval: Use the drop-down menu to set the frequency of your
tests. For example; minutes, hours, days, weeks, months etc..
Note: This interval is only used for Campaigns. It does not affect any Time Matrix which may be set for rolling tests.
- Run on days: Use the checkboxes to select the days on which you would like the campaign to run.
Delete: Remove any Date Slots you do not need by clicking the
in the Actions column.
Add Date Slots: Add new date slots by selecting a Start
and End Date in the fields provided and then click the
Note: You can also choose not to have an end date by using the checkbox provided.
Delete: Remove any Time Slots you do not need by clicking the
in the Actions column.
Add Time Slots Add new time slots by using the sliders to select
the time-frame for the tests to run. For example; between 08:00 + 18:00
hours. Click the Add button to save your
Note: Use the radio buttons to indicate if you would like the tests to run 'Outside' the times you have set. Choosing 'Inside' will run the tests between the times selected. Choosing 'Outside' will run the test outside the times you have chosen.
- Warning: The section at the bottom highlights any other campaigns that are using the timegroup you are editing. Any changes you make will also affect the scheduling of those campaigns!
- When you have finished editing your timegroup click the Save button to complete your task.